The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be an old topic here but I'm new around here did not see it. Anyhow has anyone ever tried using a cowsknee for keeping there gun dry? I didn't go out a couple weeks ago in the early season b/c of the rain. My buddy stopped on his way and tried to talk me into it but I refused. 40 minutes later he was calling saying he had gotten a doe and watched 2 more run away. I was kicking myself for not going since it was just a slight sprinkle all day but I hate to get everything all wet. I even kept my old gun when I got my new one so that I could use it as a foul weather gun, but I still don't go in the rain. During the late season in the snow I usually just wrap a piece of towel or something around it and that works okay, however, there is obviously no way I could do that in the rain. If a cowsknee is the way to go can someone enlighten on where I can get one? Thanks and happy hunting!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any idea how much one costs? Just wandered whether it is worth getting the old tandy leather kit or or simply making the trip to mercer? Also I have never been in Twigs since she moved out on the hill, just when she was in side of the harware in town, any comparison?

·
Registered
400 Posts
I made my own after looking at pictures on the internet. I cut the back out of an old leather couch I saw out on the curb on garbage night. A little snowseal on it next to the heater and it was waterproof and good to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts