The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me when the state trails open back up? I know it's after deer season but not sure what the actual date might be.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all...

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Its best to call the state forest office and ask to make sure...yes it should be the 13th but some may hold of depending on weather.
Also remember, not all are winter trails...some are summer only and dont reopen til the fri prior to Memorial Day

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
13th for michaux. I am going to be riding there on sunday if anyone wants to tag along?

meeting at the piney road parking lot located off of bendersville road. meet at 8:30 and ride at 9:00. come back around lunch time eat some warm grub and then head back out on the trails. if your interested just show up or send me a pm. I will be in a maroon bronco II or a teal chevy pulling a small open trailer.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
I am surprised they don't hold off until after the muzzleloader season!

By the way, this year the farmer pulled our deer up from the bottom for us with his Kubota RTV, it was great not having to drag!!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
John Henry said:
I am surprised they don't hold off until after the muzzleloader season!
The one around camp(Whiskey Springs) had a sign that said the gates were open 'til Jan9th or 10th. So im sure their winter trails there dont open til the 10th or 11th.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John Henry:
Nice rig.....and nice deer......... I agree not having to drag deer is great (not as young as I used to be). One of the main reasons for getting a atv was to do the dragging.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts