The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'am not a smoker so it doesnt faze me one bit,although i do like a good cuban cigar every once in a while.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Bar and restaurant owners should be free to decide for themselves. Customers and employees can do the same. What is next, backyard barbeques?

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
John S said:
Bar and restaurant owners should be free to decide for themselves. Customers and employees can do the same. What is next, backyard barbeques?
I beleive its being drawn up in California as we speak.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
I like how this is a major problem to solve now.Heaven forbid we work on the economy,gas prices,the war,or health care.THis dose of stupid brought to you by the fine elected officials in Harrisburg !

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Any one seen the pic of the TWO STORY OUTHOUSE?
The pols occupy the top floor and the VOTERS (Read Taxpayers) are relagated to the Bottom
Smage

·
Registered
10,207 Posts
I quit 10 years ago,for those who still smoke,keep your pollution away from me please.

BTW, I was the most inconsiderate smoker I know,sorry to all those I infected with that garbage.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
All the time, (our)money and pleading for the want of a
<span style="color: #FF0000">NO SMOKING</span> sign. Incredible!

Too bad they couldn't find the time or backbone to deal with something trivial like property tax reform. The utter stupidity of politicians never ceases to amaze me.

Bill

·
Registered
10,059 Posts
I am glad they finally did it. People can smoke at home or outside. They don't have to do it in any building where there are non smokers. I'd like to see them do away with "smoke breaks" at work too.

·
Registered
873 Posts
It has been proven second hand smoke causes cancer... I love it!!why should I be subject to someone who chooses to kill themselves slowly and poison me also ? if smokers want to kill themselves I ve no problem with it...I just dont want to pay for their healthcare via increased taxes or breathe in cig smoke that can eventually lead to cancer...

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
kudu58 said:
I am glad they finally did it. People can smoke at home or outside. They don't have to do it in any building where there are non smokers. I'd like to see them do away with "smoke breaks" at work too.
Im sorry, I dont agree. I smoke. Trying to quit. Terribly addicting. Wish they could do more to help people that WANT to quit,quit. But ill be darned if I want government telling me what I can and cant do. And sure as heck dont want the public to tell me what to do either. I dont force anyone to sit near me, or occupy the same space as me. And I dont light up near non smokers if I know they are non smokers. If you go to a place that you KNOW allows smoking, who the heck are you to force them to conform to your way of thinking? There are times the smoke gets too heavy for me, and I smoke. You know what I do? LEAVE! Its that simple. I dont whine and complain. The people who work in these places, dont have to work there. They chose to. As far as smoke breaks, what I do on my time is none of your business. Dont like it? Dont walk outside with me, dont stand beside me. Period. Problem fixed. Smoking is legal. You make a choice to smoke or not. People make a choice to be around smokers, or not. Thanks to government, and people such as yourself who know whats best for me, we all now do not have that choice.

·
Registered
921 Posts
jackel0007 said:
It has been proven second hand smoke causes cancer... I love it!!why should I be subject to someone who chooses to kill themselves slowly and poison me also ? if smokers want to kill themselves I ve no problem with it...I just dont want to pay for their healthcare via increased taxes or breathe in cig smoke that can eventually lead to cancer...
Vote for Oboma Bin Laden and you will be paying for it anyway!!

·
Registered
873 Posts
pahick said:
kudu58 said:
Im sorry, I dont agree. I smoke. Trying to quit. Terribly addicting. Wish they could do more to help people that WANT to quit,quit. But ill be darned if I want government telling me what I can and cant do. And sure as heck dont want the public to tell me what to do either. I dont force anyone to sit near me, or occupy the same space as me. And I dont light up near non smokers if I know they are non smokers. If you go to a place that you KNOW allows smoking, who the heck are you to force them to conform to your way of thinking? There are times the smoke gets too heavy for me, and I smoke. You know what I do? LEAVE! Its that simple. I dont whine and complain. The people who work in these places, dont have to work there. They chose to. As far as smoke breaks, what I do on my time is none of your business. Dont like it? Dont walk outside with me, dont stand beside me. Period. Problem fixed. Smoking is legal. You make a choice to smoke or not. People make a choice to be around smokers, or not. Thanks to government, and people such as yourself who know whats best for me, we all now do not have that choice.
My point is I dont care that people smoke as long as it doesnt affect me in any way shape or form. Im pretty sure people that cant afford health care that CHOSE TO SMOKE their whole lives will be cared for by the government with my tax $ if they come down with smoking related illness or diseases. That is wrong! As far as leaving why should I have to leave a place I enjoy because of a harmful addiction and lack of self discipline someone else has? I know of no benefit health wise smoking has to any one except maybe the employees of Philip Morris. Plus I think the ban makes it so the smoking sections are now separated in a different building. Smoke breaks aside from lost productivity at work are fine if they are outside or away from the non smoking area. I stongly doubt Ill vote for Hussein

·
Banned
22,296 Posts
I just dont want to pay for their healthcare via increased taxes or breathe in cig smoke that can eventually lead to cancer.
They have done cost analysis and it is proven that smokers healthcare costs less....they die about 5 years sooner than "healthy people". The healthcare system doesn't have to pay for all that high doller long term care for the Altzhiemers, dimentia, and other old people stuff.

·
Registered
374 Posts
just curious, When your in a public place. Does it bother you when your eating a nice meal with your family and you have to smell someone else's bodily oder or gas? Keep in mind it is perfectly legal. The bottom line is people on both sides need to use common sense. There is a time and a place for everything.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts