The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

State Records

7K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  doubleT 
#1 ·
Anybody know where you might find state trapping records? My dad was lucky enough to nail a monster mink last week. We can't seem to find any records to compare him against though. Didn't weigh him (regret that one), but he's twice the size of the minks that I caught last year. He's 36" tip-to-tip. Thanks for any responses!

#5 ·
I know the game commision does't keep any records. I told a friend a few years ago that his dad caught a 55 lb coon and he called the game commision to get it entered into the record books. They sort of laughed at him and told him they don't keep records. there is much more to the story but lets just say lots of people had a ggod laugh

#6 ·
Well First of all congrats on your catch. The PGC doesn't keep reocords ( heck they don't do allot of things, but that's a different topic) The best suggestion I have for you is to call Bob's Wildlife Taxidermy in Orefield PA (Lehigh county)610-398-7609. Also as far as photos on HPA you need to put them in photobucket or face book first then load them here in HPA........Hope this helps

#16 ·
anybody know how to find where a ranch might be? this mink was taken just north (2-3 miles) of austin, pa. i've never heard/seen of a ranch anywhere in the area. does that link work for anyone? it works for me on another computer under a different name. not sure why it's not working for others. looks like it's time to start a photobucket account.

#24 ·
Now that there are pics...

There are mink like that in my area- no mink farms that I know of. Just some big old buck mink- not really any mink trappers here other than me when I decide to make some sets. These sized ones just plain fill up a 160. I've weighed them with fish scales, one said 5 pounds, but probably 4.5 is more accurate.

#25 ·
know how to find out where the nearest ranch might be? i highly doubt that there is any ranch nearby. i'm willing to bet that this guy grew like this due to his food source. it's not hard to be a monster mink when a fish hatchery, a loaded native stream, and healthy population of rats are all within a couple hundred yards of where he was taken
oh, and the area probably hasn't had any steel put through it in about 10yrs

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.