1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jock said:
Can't take em with ya.
You can't take 25k with ya either.

If I ever got to the point where I couldn't hunt and I was sitting there looking at the mount, somehow I think I'd feel better knowing I was looking at the real thing as opposed to a piece of plastic.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
For me it would be keeping the original so I could hand it down to my son, and that is taking it with you

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
I'd sell the rack in a heartbeat. $25K pays a fair amount of college tuition, and to heck with the replica! If they offer me a replica, my reply would be to give me the extra cash.

I'll photograph my deer, hang that on the wall in a nice $20 frame, and keep my cost below $30.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
$25000 would be a nice down payment on land for my family to enjoy for generations. Besides, they could walk into any Cabels's and brag,"that one right there....my dad shot that one"!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I would take the 25,000 and the replica. The original rack be gone but you still have the memories, the deer's likeness to hang on your wall, and 25,000.

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
No way!! That money wouldn't last as long as you think and then you'd have no money and a hunk of plastic.

Now for life changing money... maybe.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
repsagA29 said:
$25000 would be a nice down payment on land for my family to enjoy for generations. Besides, they could walk into any Cabels's and brag,"that one right there....my dad shot that one"!
Exactly..... and I'd be braggin all the time about how the mount on my wall is a replica, while the original is on display at Cabela's.

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
eyefromthesky said:
Well we all know how Dude is going to vote.
sure do!!! i make enough trips to cabelas that i would be able to see it all of the time anyways! seems i am far from alone....

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
And all Cabelas big historical bucks are replicas anyways.

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
those 300+ inch deer that are in every cabelas are out of this world.

those originals would sell for just a little more than 25k...more along the lines of a "life-changing" amount.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm with you guys...Give me the 25K, a replica and one other thing....an opportunity to tell/write my story in Outdoor Life and/or Field and Stream. That buck could launch a new career for this ol'buck!

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
if you shoot a pa state record you will be in magazines for sure....mike nicola had a nice article in north american whitetail and a few others...i still have the NA whitetail issue he was in.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts