The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not planning on doing any more camping this year, but I'm always looking ahead to next year. I'm just curious as to what everyone's favorite PA state park is, and why. My two favorites are Colonel Denning and Fowler's Hollow. I just like the location of these two parks, and the surrounding mountains. Anyone else?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Little Bear we are neighbors (E-town). I like Pine Grove State Park (Fuller Lake and Laurel Lake and Mountain Stream). Good fishing. Caledonia State Park is nice with a lot of trails going through it and Birch Run and Concocheague Creek. Also good fishing. But my family has a cabin in Michaux State Forest so I'm there a lot.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I like Ricketts Glen SP. Hiking the fall trails during the week before the crowds hit the trails on the weekends is one of my favorite hikes. They drained the lake this year for repairs so it's been less crowded lately.

·
Registered
833 Posts
#1 - World's End State Park - remoteness, native brookie streams galore...Loyalsock Creek runs through it.

#2 Hickory Run State Park - same as #1 - not as remote - but I live 4 miles away...borders Lehigh River.

Great hiking fishing and hunting at both.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Gifford Pinchot is one of my favorites as well as canoe creek. both have modern cabins that we stay in. camping in tents not for us any more. getting too old for that.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Rickett's glen would be #1. That would be followed by Chapman. Canoe creek is also nice.

In reality I don't think you can go wrong with most of the state parks in PA. I think we have a top notch system!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Ole Bull , Cherry Springs and Prouty Place top my list in upstate Potter County . Always a good chance of seeing a bear or two .

·
Super Moderator
2,490 Posts
Promise Land is another nice place

1 - 9 of 9 Posts