The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a walk on my lunch hour and took a walk threw one of my spots and found these...2 sheds from same deer and a smaller one...i know of a10pt back there..hopefuly,i'll find his too...I got lucky today..all in the same field..

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
awesome looks like father and son. same characteristics...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Has anyone ever heard of a antler ring? When I was out West hunting I heard Antlers are collected using wood, plastic or metal uprights which are strategically placed (upright) so that they surround a small open food source of feed... Corn etc.. placed either on ground or even in an elevated deck... Or feed station...
The openings allow a buck to get its head & horns into the food but makes it hard
For buck to pull out without hitting antlers on piping which knocks off any loose or compromised antlers..the animal isn't hurt as wiggling allows them to get out if horns aren't ready to drop...
If & when They are ready to drop they simply fall off they hit the ground and are then picked up?

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Yeah, I suppose the fear is that the buck would become trapped when his antlers weren't ready to fall and you could kill him. I think its a non-issue but rules is rules.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bedding areas....ive. found my most in bedding areas....and the most thickiest of areas with trails going threw them.....fields are my last choice...it s time consuming....unless you have an antler dog.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Been out 3 times looking, with no luck. Still have many bucks sporting racks with trail cams and none without yet.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Very nice sheds. Last week hunting in 5C I saw 4 nice bucks together and they all had their head gear. Two big boys in the group that have my son and I stoked for next year!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Went out this morning by myself..put in about 4 hours...i found one older shed on the opposite of where,i found the others last week..still in good shape...Next week..i'm heading to a great spot that,i hav'nt been in years..should find a few there i hope...Russ

1 - 20 of 28 Posts