The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New to the forum and looking to start my beagle pup on running rabbits. She's about 5 months old. Anyone know of any clubs in the area? I live on border of Montgomery/Bucks county.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Don't know of what clubs may be in your area. I start my pups with a tame rabbit. Look for areas where wild rabbits come out at night, and try to put him on the wild ones once he starts chasing the tame rabbits by scent. Many areas where you can't hunt will have a few rabbits that come out at dark, if you have decent cover and the hawks and owls aren't too thick.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
You can also find a starting pen. It is not very expensive and is very convenient. Once they are running at the pen, start them on wild rabbits right away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any idea of where to find a starting pen? or do you mean construct one myself? I thought about that but live in an area where my neighbors probably would not appreciate the pen in my backyard.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
i posted my method on here a couple years ago. maybe you can find it.it always works for me and you don't need any help. just time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts