The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At my trout clubs meeting last night, I made a motion to being a program to imporve the Little Conemaugh River. It was accepted, and was appointed chairman of the commitee for this. I am in contact with the PFBC on how to get permits and forms and such. I look forward to improving this stream, and create awareness of how great the potential of this little stream is.

I regular catch trout from this stream year round. Holdovers are common and many are in the 16"+ range. I feel these fish could be even better with a few habitat improvements. Wish me luck on this new venture! I will be posting pictures of progress and such. I am planning a kick off event once i get all of the permits and such in line. I plan to have a fishing day/ stream clean up. The local fire department has a pavillion on the stream and may even try and host a cook out to build a create public awarness.

If you live in Cambria County, this stream has potential to become the best in our county. There are many efforts right now in place to clean up some of the Acid Mine Drainage that hit this stream. If we can clean it up form Cassandra to Southfork, it will rival yellow creek. There are a few sportsmans clubs and co-op that stock the area, and could also spark more fishing interest, for our local baitshops. The economic impact of having this stream fishable would also help out local businesses.

·
20,126 Posts
From what I understand it may already be the best in the county. In fact I'm making a special trip back to SWPA to fish there during my annual SW invasion weekend. It's been on my hit list for a long time now. Few other creeks in that area too. It's a poke from my parents house in Greensburg but not all that bad. I'm looking forward to it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts