The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early start this year. Fruit tree pruning is mostly done. With the nice weather of late, I was able to transplant a few apple trees from my nursery to the field last weekend. I also pulled out a clump of dogwoods that had been heeled into the garden for the last 2 years and got them planted out. I still got another clump of dogwoods and a few spruce to move. I have a few more apple trees to get out of the nursery to make room. I bought a few grafted apple trees from a few places and the first should be here in a couple weeks. Do some some bench grafting of more apple trees. Then plan seedlings from MDC and PGC Howard and a few bigger spruce from the conservation district.

I had hoped to take it easier this spring and spend more time with the chainsaw...Hopefully I didn't order anything else that I forgot about.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Nice work! I just received my silky dogwoods from MDC yesterday and will be planting them next week when up at camp.

My thoughts exactly

·
Registered
679 Posts
Oops, tried to reference your line about forgetting what you ordered but I guess it didn't work. So, how does one pull a quote from someone else's post?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts