The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone start growing yet,seed catalogs are starting to come in mail and im starting to get the itch.finally got muzzleloading season out of the way and dont have much venison to worry about.was thinking about setting up indoor growing area and starting onion seed.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
sounds like a good idea to start growing to get the onions started good. the people that grow giant tomatos usally start there seed about this time of year.

·
Administrator
29,203 Posts
Yep, catalogues are starting to arrive, but because of the late spring in my area getting the garden bug now is like picking the extra-long torture option-lol.

·
Super Moderator
23,761 Posts
i just walked by the garden, its under 6inches of snow still but i am actually starting to think about what i'm gonna grow this year. i know i'm gonna do beans potatoes and onions and lots of peppers

·
Administrator
29,203 Posts
Tomatoes, pole beans, cabbage, zucchini, B Sprouts, broccoli, beets, cauliflower, spuds, and maybe I'll try one of the short season type cantalopes.
I'd love to grow some sweetcorn but my garden is just 60 feet from the river and there's just no way the coons wouldnt take advantage when they find sweetcorn growin' next to their highway-lol.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
DIYASUB said:
Tomatoes, pole beans, cabbage, zucchini, B Sprouts, broccoli, beets, cauliflower, spuds, and maybe I'll try one of the short season type cantalopes.
I'd love to grow some sweetcorn but my garden is just 60 feet from the river and there's just no way the coons wouldnt take advantage when they find sweetcorn growin' next to their highway-lol.
AH Just go and plant some... then you can see what Ricky the Dancing Raccoon does to my sweet corn patch each year!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts