The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen these on different websites and I was wondering if anyone has tried them and if so how did they fly?

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
they work great Killed a few deer using them last year . Hey nice Avatar .

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
The one question I have is do you need a special knock to hold them on as shown in the video on the website? Can you still paper tune similar to if you had vanes? Are they nosier then fletchings?

Time to go to archery talk and see what they say. brd1016, been a member since 2004.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Began using them this year, went thru two dozen. You will break a ton of them target shooting for sure. In my personal comparison tests they perform as well as blazers out to 30 yards, longer ranges the increased drag makes them hit a bit lower. Shot the only deer I got this year with them also but in the process found another major drawback- when dragging the deer out thru heavy brush they all got pulled off the arrows in my quiver. Next year I'm gonna just use blazers, they DO work and fly very well but the minor drawbacks are enough for me to not use them.

BTW to answer the above post, yes they are noisy in the air but people claim the deer cant hear it because the noise is behind the arrow and no regular push in nocks work fine as long as you arent using fancy target nocks.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I take it you can't glue them on? Are they stiffer than regular fletching?
Might be taking a ride to the archery shop next week.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
much stiffer than fletching and no glue needed . Yes Iam a Ubp member . If you go to the campout this summer I could let you try some .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts