The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last round. Most have moved on as their teams are gone but I watch all the games cause I'm a hockey addict.
HPAers didn't fare so well last round 20-26

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
LOL...just picked the Kings and can you say lopsided vote.

Might be biased as I watched the Rangers enough to know they got holes..Kings I have not watched as much.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Did anyone else notice that even teams "built to win the Stanley Cup" don't always make it to the final?

·
4,228 Posts
I am not sure there was a team in the East that could beat Chicago or LA.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
G2CDeer said:
I said it before and I'll say it again. But once St. Louis mother died, (God rest her soul), NY was winning the cup.
So you're the ONE vote???

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Because it's the toughest trophy to win
I laugh when guys bust on pens for only winning one with the current players Ditto for flyers not winning since 70's. Be glad any of them won 1!

Buckethead said:
Did anyone else notice that even teams "built to win the Stanley Cup" don't always make it to the final?

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Which is exactly the point I was making. All season long I had to read on here, eleventeen million comparisons between the Pens and he black hawks and how the black hawks were a team "built to win the cup". They were the constant litmus test and yet, even being "built for the cup", they didn't make it to the finals. Now I'm sure next season we'll all hear about how the Kings are a team "built to win the cup" and they will now be the team the Pens are constantly compared to.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Buckethead said:
Which is exactly the point I was making. All season long I had to read on here, eleventeen million comparisons between the Pens and he black hawks and how the black hawks were a team "built to win the cup". They were the constant litmus test and yet, even being "built for the cup", they didn't make it to the finals. Now I'm sure next season we'll all hear about how the Kings are a team "built to win the cup" and they will now be the team the Pens are constantly compared to.
The Kings were built to win the Cup. They just won it a couple years ago. The entitlement crowd just can not get over fact that you can't win a championship every year. There are going to be some wild posts if Pierre McGuire gets hired as the Pens GM.

Go Kings!

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hawks won 2 with this nucleus
soon Kings can say the same

sorry, i like the pens but i'm no blind homer. They are not at the same level as kings or Hawks. Ive watch all the games and the diff is incredible.

Buckethead said:

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
BOOTOXEN said:
hawks won 2 with this nucleus
soon Kings can say the same

sorry, i like the pens but i'm no blind homer. They are not at the same level as kings or Hawks. Ive watch all the games and the diff is incredible.
I essentially made the exact point you did in that just because your team is "built to win the cup" it doesn't always translate into them even reaching the finals. In other words, the cup is the hardest championship to win but now I'm a blind homer?

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol didnt say u were, just that I'm not! Sounds like u are not either.

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
Rangers should have lost their last round. So who knows...

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Looks like the Rangers could be golfing by this weekend. The "little engine that could" may have finally run out of gas.

·
Registered
21,034 Posts
eddie spaghetti said:
Anybody watching the game tonight? This OT is wild.
Awesome game... Didn't want it to end.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes great game
Outcome as expected philly west does it again!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts