The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read about this in the PA outdoor news
What are your thoughts?
To help with rising costs with the commission how would you feel about antlerless license fees going to $25.00 for resident and non resident without a general license increase.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I wouldn't be for them raising that high.
But my guess would be that it would take a large bite out of the number of doe tags that get bought and burned.

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
I don't think resident and NR should be the same amount. Why would residents go up $19 and NR go down a dollar???

I am all for resident doe license at $25, but by extension the NR doe license should then be $50.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
kudu58 said:
I don't think resident and NR should be the same amount. Why would residents go up $19 and NR go down a dollar???

I am all for resident doe license at $25, but by extension the NR doe license should then be $50.
+1

Why should a NR get to come and pay the same amount

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
After re-reading the OP. I would not agree to the doe license thing to forego a general license increase. I think all should be increased: the general license, the doe license, bear, archery, ML, trapping, all of them.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PA outdoor news pg.3 In letters to the editor section
Title: raise cost of antlerless tags

Give this a read and keep in mind our focus as hunters in every aspect of sales, cost, fairness, simplicity for the commission. This is just for deer and not including a pheasant stamp.

·
Super Moderator
13,800 Posts
The antlerless deer seasons and antlerless deer harvests that provide the best, and perhaps only real, deer management tools.

When you tie the cost of the best possible management of a species to the license fees you are also putting the best possible management in jeopardy.

In my opinion that is the wrong way to go and that antlerless licenses should be the least expensive for hunters since they are so important toward proper management of both our wildlife and habitat resources.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
IF there is an increase it should be on all licenses not just AL tags......Also its insane that there isn't a pheasant tag

Trout fishing=Trout stamp
Pheasant hunting=Pheasant stamp

Only make sense right?????

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
R. S. B. said:
The antlerless deer seasons and antlerless deer harvests that provide the best, and perhaps only real, deer management tools.

When you tie the cost of the best possible management of a species to the license fees you are also putting the best possible management in jeopardy.

In my opinion that is the wrong way to go and that antlerless licenses should be the least expensive for hunters since they are so important toward proper management of both our wildlife and habitat resources.

Dick Bodenhorn
Agree completely.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
.257 said:
IF there is an increase it should be on all licenses not just AL tags......Also its insane that there isn't a pheasant tag

Trout fishing=Trout stamp
Pheasant hunting=Pheasant stamp

Only make sense right?????
Agree completely.

·
Registered
10,207 Posts
OH bukmstr said:
how would you feel about antlerless license fees going to $25.00 for resident and non resident without a general license increase.
I feel it's stupid.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So the majority would rather the doe tags stay at $5 and want to see all licenses go up as the proposal shows.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
I doubt anybody WANTS to see licenses go up. But, since it is a matter of necessity, the general license should go up, not doe tags.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bucksnort1 said:
Doesn't the doe tag money go to the county? It wouldn't go to the PGC.
I believe only a dollar for processing the license goes to the county treasurer.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Is their a fixation on government charges, as if they are significant?
Why we have the $1,000 plus rifle, the $1,000 compound bow and a similarly priced crossbow.
I was always worried about the main expense, the equipment. Another thing I avoided was the $400 parka. Easy to avoid that one. I previously dragged out a deer in minus 10 degree weather.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Spreading an increase across ALL hunters, vs. just increasing doe tags and only impacting those who doe hunt would be my choice. Why should a guy who doe hunts have to pay more when, as pointed out, pheasant hunters, (whose game costs money to raise), are given the same deal as always. I am not picking on pheasant hunters. With pheasant hunting being part of the general license, it is my choice to participate or not.

In the end, it doesn't matter...those who want to hunt will gripe, but still pay whatever the costs. But, they will look at those parts of the license that they don't use, and complain about the deal someone else is getting.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
[qumote=Takemrarely]Spreading an increase across ALL hunters, vs. just increasing doe tags and only impacting those who doe hunt would be my choice. Why should a guy who doe hunts have to pay more when, as pointed out, pheasant hunters, (whose game costs money to raise), are given the same deal as always. I am not picking on pheasant hunters. With pheasant hunting being part of the general license, it is my choice to participate or not.

Great point! I think we need a pheasant stamp though.

In the end, it doesn't matter...those who want to hunt will gripe, but still pay whatever the costs. But, they will look at those parts of the license that they don't use, and complain about the deal someone else is getting. [/quote]

It looks to me like a pheasant stamp set at $15 and a general license increase of $10 res and 25 non res would work. Till the proposal gets put in to play.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts