The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sat for a few hours tuesday morning and decided to move my climber when i was done. I picked my spot and climbed the tree to check out how it looked from up high. Im up there for about 45 sec or a min and a nice eight pops up over the hill and looks around. Made eye contact with me, didnt seem to mind and continued on his way. When i went back this morning and climbed up, I noticed that my stand against the hard oak bark sounded fairly similar to light sparring. Anybody think the buck could have come in to investigate this sound?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I could believe it. One time years ago I climbed a tree only to have a buck come in before I was at the spot I wanted. If there in the mood they will come to anything relatively close.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I had a couple come in while I was in the act of climbing. Both on cherry trees. I figured the bucks thought it was another one raking the tree with its horns.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I was climbing a tree one time only up about 6 feet herd a deer running turned around and had a buck standing there looking at me.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I dont carry antlers to the stand because I think theyre too bulky. I guess from now on I can just rub my stand on the tree for a while and I should be good to go. haha

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've had I happen to me 5-6 times over the years when using my climber. Biggest heartbreak was last day of archery about 3 years ago. Had a big 10 staring at me as I turned around to grab by rope to pull up my bow. I've only ever had it happen in November though.....never any earlier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts