The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice. My son turned 12 this year and now that we can both carry a bow in archery and firearm during firearm season I am looking for stand options. I have a 20ft single person ladder stand hung and am looking for an option for the other side of the tree for me to sit on. I am looking for the most comfortable stand money can buy. I always get uncomfortable sitting for more then 2 hours at a stretch. I’m 6’5 and 250lbs In street clothes. I would like something with back support if possible. I hear a lot of people rave about lone wolf stands but not sure which model would best suit me and my size. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
17,078 Posts
take a look at the millenium treestands or get a two man ladderstand, it works for me and my son or me and my wife. the ladderstand we use is the outpost XL with the canopy blind. we can sit in it all day with no problems.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
While I love everything about my Lone Wolf sit and climb climber, I wouldn't rate any of their hang on stands high in the comfort category. They all have simple platform seats, no backs. Still great stands in all other aspects, just not ideal for extended sits.

I've never used one , but I checked out the Millenium Monster hangon ($240 @ Sportsman Guide, best price I found) and looks like it would be a good stand for a larger fella such as yourself. I think bohunr is on to something, looks pretty comfy.

I've used similar setups in the past , a ladder stand with a hang on off to the side and it worked well. If the other hunter is considerably shorter than you, you may want to put your stand a little (not much-6-12") lower. I've found this helps assisting the hunter if need be.

·
Registered
322 Posts
The Millenium Monster 150 is the most comfortable stand I have ever had. I actually don't like using it that much because I fall asleep when sitting down. That thing is like a lazy boy in the tree. When I use it I end up standing more than anything else so I can stay awake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts