The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a sturdy stainless steel stockpot to simmer soups,sauces and fry fish etc. .Any recomendations for a good quality set ? Thanks....Finn

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies fellas . Will check 'em out .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine is a Tramontina from WalMart (even though I hate to admit that, not a fan of WalMart) very thick bottom, never scorched anything in it. I've made tons of soups and chili in it. Love it. I believe that Cabelas had a set of four that look very appealing because of the price, but beware...very thin bottoms.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Finn...one thing to consider is the grade of stainless steel. The Bayou Classic stainless steel stock pots are made of commercial quality 18/8 gauge stainless steel. The grade of stainless steel is one of the highest (304).

My Mrs bought some "great priced" pots from Boscovs etc and they are not in the same league qualitywise nor performance...thickness not being much greater than a beer can..

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
If you want a good heavy stock pot that will last forever, go to a resturant supply store or look on up on line.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
We sell them Finn. I will warn you they arent cheap but they will also last your life.

We sell 20,40,60,80 quart pots with basket and lid included. Look up Big John Grills.....We are located in Pleasant Gap,Pa

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
Yep, it ain't gonna be cheap but a good stock pot will outlast you and your kids. Well worth the money. If you ever get near the erie area, Caplans in Waterford sells a lot of used restaurant equipment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts