The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a few members up to stain the camp this weekend. Good times, good food and cold beverages !!! This gave them camp a whole new fresh look. We put the new deck on last year and stained it also. Figured I’d throw in a couple inside picks.

Attachments

·
Registered
25,712 Posts
Looks pretty good. Been five years since I swabbed a coat on our place. Probably hit it again this fall, as it's starting to show some wear and fade.

Took me the best part of two days the last time, by myself. Son says he's up for it this fall. Sounds good. I can supervise and grumble while he does most of the work.

:smile2:

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
That's a nice neat camp. Looks like you guys really keep it up.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Very, very nice! Every 3 years I do mine, Pull out the old spray gun and have at it. 6 gal. later, done. A lot of work when camp is made out of logs & hemlock, :crying:

·
Premium Member
Ravin R9
5,554 Posts
Looks pretty good. Been five years since I swabbed a coat on our place. Probably hit it again this fall, as it's starting to show some wear and fade.

Took me the best part of two days the last time, by myself. Son says he's up for it this fall. Sounds good. I can supervise and grumble while he does most of the work.

:smile2:
That's what Son's are for:jestera:

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I really like that siding and that's a nice looking camp!

For future reference, if you use Sikkens oil based stains and go with a darker color, it should last 5-8 years. More expensive but it averages out over the years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts