The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big Ben and I went up to the Snow Show Rail Trail today for their winter ride and lunch, it was a chilly one, but we had a good time. Ben was nice enough to drive and haul my machine since I put my truck in the ditch the other morning and screwed up the alignment. After some breakfast at the diner and working on multiple machines of people we were riding with that were froze up we finally hit the trails about 9:30 am, man were those first 28 miles COLD this morning. Went to the community center and had a delicious lunch of ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, green beans, and a array of desserts. with everyone warmed up again we hit the trail for some more riding, had a lot of fun in the snow and the ice, and ended the day with a little over 64 miles on the odometer of the new Grizzly 700

The new grizz pre-ride

A picture of all of the other crazies that showed up to ride in this brutally cold weather.

The grizz at the tunnel

Good thing I didn't need to use the winch, any water that splashed up on the wheelers froze instantly today

Ready for the ride home - probally the cleanest any of machines have ever been after a 64 mile ride, not much mud or dust when it's 15 degress out and 4" + of snow on the ground

I'm pretty sure Big Ben has some video to post up then too.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
yesterday definately seperated the men from the boys. there was only one rollover but nothing serious. no one broke and once we got the machines unfroze nothing happened mechanically after that. even with the cold I had a good time. I have video once I get it edited I will post it. I also have some pics I need to post.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Looks like a great time. Wish I could of made it this year. I don't think my wife would have been up for riding in 15d. Mike that new ride looks really nice, hope it is what you expect, I know you will put it though it's paces. Love the tunnel picts, how was the viaduct?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looks like fun, I'd like to get out there someday (warmer). I've always like the Grizzly's I think it's time to get one. Good usage of the tax return funds!

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rick, it was a little windy out on the viaduct bridge. The new machine is everything I expected, and then some. It does an awesome job plowing snow too, the cycle country 60" state plow makes cleanup of the driveway quicker then ever!

·
Registered
15,144 Posts
Big Benn you pic was in the centre daily times today good pic of you getting some grub lol

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just saw the link posted on the grizzly site and was gonna post it but you guys beat me to it. Pretty cool the newspaper was there to cover the ride and dinner and the female reporters weren't too hard on the eyes if you know what I mean

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
if you guys wouldn't have run off you coulda talked to em a bit.

I shoulda wore a hat. darn hair goes everywhere when the helmet is on.

2,100 miles been seen through these goggles. yep thats a pic of my quad. hehe

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can't wait to see the video, how much longer you gonna keep us waiting Ben?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I just got the video downloaded to the computer. I still gotta edit and such yet. hopefully by tonight.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
video is done waiting to upload at this point.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts