The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone here was going to these final two events of the summer. next weekend there will be two ride events going on. the first will be on october 3rd at Snow shoe rails to trails. from http://www.ssrt.org

First Annual Rovendale Supply Distributor/SSRTA Pig Roast
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Rovendale Supply Distributor of Watsontown will be sponsoring a Pig Roast/Ride on Saturday, October 3, 2009 at the Gillentown Trailhead. Ride as you please starting at 8:00 a.m. and return to the trailhead for dinner around 11:30 a.m. The SSRTA will be providing roast pig, potato salad, cole slaw, baked beans, and beverages.

Rovendale will be set up for this event to sell ATV accessories/equipment, tires, etc. We will be accepting applications for membership, selling raffle tickets, and giving away a few prizes.

Carlisle Tire Representative will be at the event and will be giving away a set of Black Rock Atv Tires.
(2) 25 X 8 X 12 & (2) 25 X 10 X 12. You will need to sign up at the Rovendale Trailer to win the tires. The representative will be giving away other items too!
the following day will be ramey fire companys poker run. rameys poker run is located about 30 miles south west of ssrt's gillentown trailhead.

I am plannin on riding both of these events and if anyone wants to tag along they are more then welcome to. both trail systems are pretty cool. the ssrt features one of the longest tunnels on the east coast if not the longest and also an old rail bridge that is 115 ft above the water.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump for two good rides. the weather is turning nice with each passing day. mid 60's and slight chance of rain. sounds like a good day riding. come on out and have some fun. ssrt offers the longest tunnel on the east coast and you will have the privilege of riding through it. also cross over a 115 ft tall rail bridge. this is a good family trail also.

those that like the mud and high paced woods trail riding come one down to ramey. there is a good mixture of play areas hill climbs tight trails and mud.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Ben, Dad and I drove over for the pig roast, we saw your truck there, but missed you. Great weekend for riding, we were hunting and doing work around camp though
the atv did get used to pull a couple trees out of the woods that fell over to be cut up for fire wood.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we did 80 miles on saturday. went right by your camp but didn't want to drive back to see ya if you were 20 ft up a tree. how did you like the hog roast? they were a bit skimpy on the meat with me. first time after the three rides I have been on.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Food was great, and we were through the line early so I guess that's why they were more generous with the meat portions. I'm sure it's hard for them to plan for an event like this just guessing on the number of people might show up or not.

I could hear they boys down playing on the coal pile on and off all day long, and the amount of ATV's that went up and down the road was more then most weekends during the summer months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts