The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,956 Posts
you can hunt some of that season with the bow...with an archery stamp...

DEER, ARCHERY (Antlered and Antlerless) Statewide, including WMUs 2B, 5C and 5D: Oct. 3-Nov. 14 and Dec. 26-Jan. 9. One antlered deer per hunting license year. One antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

technically you can hunt antlerless in that season though with the bow..

DEER, Antlerless (WMUs 2B, 5C and 5D): Dec. 14-23 and Dec. 26-Jan. 23. An antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

so after the 9th of January, to take a buck, you need to be in an SRA using a flintlock....

·
Super Moderator
12,956 Posts
jk, this is the first year for the extension...not sure what the reason is...but i wont complain when i have a buck tag left some year...

the rifle doe season always ran a couple weeks past flintlock season...so maybe they just decided to make it fair for those flinters...or maybe give guys an incentive to buy a flintlock license..i dont know..

ive been hunting the late season in 2B for goin on 7 seasons now....ive yet to see a legal buck in rocklock season...thats stand hunting once in a while and doing drives nearly every day...im sure i'll see one this year when my buck tag is filled...though this is the 3rd year in the row its been filled...our drivers have seen them and other guys got shootin at them once in a while...but its few and far between...still my absolute favorite season..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.