The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PGC website shows that there is a antlered or antlerless FL season that runs from 12/26 - 1/23/2010.

Can you hunt during that season with an bow if you have a muzzleloader stamp?

DEER, ARCHERY (Antlerless Only) WMUs 2B, 5C and 5D: Sept. 19-Oct. 2, Nov. 16-28 and Dec. 14-23. One antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER, ARCHERY (Antlered and Antlerless) Statewide, including WMUs 2B, 5C and 5D: Oct. 3-Nov. 14 and Dec. 26-Jan. 9. One antlered deer per hunting license year. One antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER (Antlered and Antlerless) WMUs 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 2C, 2E, 2F, 3A, 3B, 3D, 4A, 4C, 4D, 4E, 5A, 5B, 5C and 5D: Nov. 30-Dec. 12. One antlered deer per hunting license year. An antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER (Antlered Only) WMUs 2D, 2G, 3C and 4B: Nov. 30-Dec. 4. One antlered deer per hunting license year. (Holders of valid DMAP antlerless deer permits may harvest antlerless deer on DMAP properties during this period in WMUs 2B, 2G, 3C and 4B.)

DEER (Antlered and Antlerless) WMUs 2D, 2G, 3C and 4B: Dec. 5-12. One antlered deer per hunting license year. An antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER, ANTLERLESS (Statewide): Oct. 22-24. Junior and Senior License Holders, Disabled Person Permit (to use a vehicle) Holders, and Pennsylvania residents serving on active duty in U.S. Armed Services or in the U.S. Coast Guard only, with required antlerless license. Also included are persons who have reached or will reach their 65th birthday in the year of the application for a license and hold a valid adult license, or qualify for license and fee exemptions under section 2706. One antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER, ANTLERLESS MUZZLELOADER (Statewide): Oct. 17-24. An antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER, ANTLERED OR ANTLERLESS FLINTLOCK (Statewide): Dec. 26-Jan. 9. One antlered per hunting license year, or one antlerless deer and an additional antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER, ANTLERED OR ANTLERLESS FLINTLOCK (WMUs 2B, 5C, 5D): Dec. 26-Jan. 23. One antlered per hunting license year, or one antlerless deer and an additional antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER, Antlerless (WMUs 2B, 5C and 5D): Dec. 14-23 and Dec. 26-Jan. 23. An antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

DEER, ANTLERLESS (Military Bases): Hunting permitted on days established by the U.S. Department of the Army at Letterkenny Army Depot, Franklin County; New Cumberland Army Depot, York County; and Fort Detrick, Raven Rock Site, Adams County. An antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

·
Super Moderator
12,806 Posts
you can hunt some of that season with the bow...with an archery stamp...

DEER, ARCHERY (Antlered and Antlerless) Statewide, including WMUs 2B, 5C and 5D: Oct. 3-Nov. 14 and Dec. 26-Jan. 9. One antlered deer per hunting license year. One antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

technically you can hunt antlerless in that season though with the bow..

DEER, Antlerless (WMUs 2B, 5C and 5D): Dec. 14-23 and Dec. 26-Jan. 23. An antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

so after the 9th of January, to take a buck, you need to be in an SRA using a flintlock....

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
I never realized you could take a buck this late in an SRA. I thought it was antlerless only. I never hunt 2B but maybe I'll give it a shot this year

DEER, ANTLERED OR ANTLERLESS FLINTLOCK (WMUs 2B, 5C, 5D): Dec. 26-Jan. 23. One antlered per hunting license year, or one antlerless deer and an additional antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

·
Super Moderator
12,806 Posts
jk, this is the first year for the extension...not sure what the reason is...but i wont complain when i have a buck tag left some year...

the rifle doe season always ran a couple weeks past flintlock season...so maybe they just decided to make it fair for those flinters...or maybe give guys an incentive to buy a flintlock license..i dont know..

ive been hunting the late season in 2B for goin on 7 seasons now....ive yet to see a legal buck in rocklock season...thats stand hunting once in a while and doing drives nearly every day...im sure i'll see one this year when my buck tag is filled...though this is the 3rd year in the row its been filled...our drivers have seen them and other guys got shootin at them once in a while...but its few and far between...still my absolute favorite season..

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
I haven't hunted with the Flintlock since I was young... but I always thought it was "choice"... meaning buck or doe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts