The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else still going out for them? I have been seeing quite a few. I shot a nice fox squirrel the other day. But I didn't get it. I hope a hawk enjoyed the free meal I left in the broken branch in this pic.

The dark spot on top of that broken branch is the squirrel

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've been going out small game hunting2-3 times a week either pre-work or post-work. usually land 1-2 squirrels and/or a rabbit. Went out this morning with my Marlin Lever Action....notta,ghost town!

In Washington County

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've been going out for them almost daily... I got my biggest fox squirrel last tuesday and a nice gray on thursday... Im just not seeing them...

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would have needed a bull dozer to shake the tree. There were so many holes in that squirrel it would have looked like swiss cheese if it had fallen out of there.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Lackawanna Fox said:
shoot it again
that was my response as well haha

ive had em get hung up in vines, luckily i was able to shakem free

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Only thing is that lead isn't good for those hawks. We have a lot of hawks but I don't want to see any die of that kind of lead poisioning. Was just watching a show the other day about condours. About all of them at the Grand Canyon have it and they are trapped tested and treated. They eat whatever the hunters can't find.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I shot a black squirrel when I was a kid and it went
inside a hole in a tree about 15 feet up. I climbed the
tree and the squirrel was still alive just barely, I pulled
him out by the tail and dropped him. Looking back it wasnt
very smart.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts