The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm serious about my squirrel hunting , took the first week of Squirrel season off from work.
I'm gonna use about every gun I got , trying to work out a light load for the elephant gun also, maybe cut the 500gr bullet down to 17grns

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I love squirrel hunting also, look forward to it as much as
deer hunting I think. Can't wait for opening day with my
nephew!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I can't wait either I'm taking a youth out Saturday for the mentored season only thing I'm letting him hunt in squirrel I don't think he is mature enough or has the skills to hunt anything else at this time

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
I'm taking the Wee Man out Saturday after his football game. This will be his first ever hunt. He's been asking me daily how many more days until he can hunt. He also has big plans for the entire family to come over and have a "family squirrel stew" get together. Squirrels provided by him, of course.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Good luck to your son this saturday, hope you get to make
some stew!

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
i might take my nephew you for a little for the youth hunt. On saturday evening I had 5 greys squirrels around me at all times. Gave me a heart attack when they started to sound more like deer. LOL He is a dead eye when it comes to shooting. I have friday off to deer hunt so it will be a nice change of pace.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm also taking my little man on his first mentored trip. Was never a big squirrel hunter, but this has me pretty excited. He held up his end on his 22 skills. Be nice to get a shot or two at a couple slow movers. Hopefully the weather is nice, he asks everyday how much longer.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
atr said:
I'm serious about my squirrel hunting , took the first week of Squirrel season off from work.
I'm gonna use about every gun I got , trying to work out a light load for the elephant gun also, maybe cut the 500gr bullet down to 17grns
Better check the regulations....I believe there's caliber restrictions in place: Excerpted from Title 58 § 141.22. Small game.

(a) Permitted devices. It is lawful to hunt small game, except woodchucks with the following devices:

(1) A manually operated rifle or handgun. The firearm must be .23 caliber or less, that projects single-projectile ammunition.

·
Registered
24,762 Posts
just a wild guess on my part mind you, but maybe atr has a 23 cal that can handle a 500 gr bullet that he uses for elephant? Just a guess mind you...

·
Super Moderator
24,066 Posts
Well some of us know that he's been known to tell a tall tale or two

1 - 14 of 14 Posts