The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem with my hdx squaking when I begin to draw while the rest is upright. When I begin the draw while the rest is in the down position it doesn't squeak. The felt looks like it is in fine shape but I can't figure out where the noise is coming from? Could it be my arrows? I shoot carbon Gold Tips. Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
That sounds like your arrow is dragging across the rest. Have you tried lining the top of the rest with an adhesive backed moleskin material? They make them in a pre-cut pattern to wrap around the rest and adhere,

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Weird. I have been using HDX's for 3 years or so now and have never heard this noise. Maybe change the felt? Could be something in the 'V' and why it makes noise when up but not when you start when it's down.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I figured it out. The block I shoot into was leaving a residue on my arrow shafts I think. I cleaned my shafts real good and now I don't notice it. Thinking of using some arrow lube in the future. Do any of you use it?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Some of the guys I shoot 3-D with carry 6" tube or pill container with rust penetrant soaked sponge of sorts. After they shoot a few they dip the Arrow in the hole in the sponge. It makes the arrows alot easier to pull out of the targets.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I've used 4 different arrow lube products- 1)Woody's Arrow lube- felt tip applicator- great for block targets and Mckenzie animals- works pretty well in the cold. Negative is it has a petroleum smell that lingers on the arrows. 2)Arrow Snot- odorless, colorless- works pretty well when the weather is warm, not so good in cold weather.3)Black Magic tire finish in a PVC tube like Slickshot described. Works pretty well, but also leaves a lingering smell on the arrows. 4) Ivory Bar Soap- works great- especially in very cold weather and when targets are frozen. If it gets a little wet, forget about getting arrow out- very slippery to the grip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts