The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone familiar with a black flash camera know if it takes more light (a brighter day) than a IR trail camera? I'm doing an in house test in a room approximately 8 x 12 with white walls and a double over head flourescent light. I have set up several colored (not black and white) household objects. My batteries are tested with a digital meter showing: Ultimate Lithium at 1.79 volt and rechargeable Pure Energy at 1.5 volt and rechargeable Energizer at 1.39 volt. There is a switch in the camera that is to be set for alkaline batteries. The other setting is for Lithium which is used only if a Lithium battery pacck is installed. This battery pack is available from SpyPoint. I have tried various brands of SD cards, all formatted in my computer. The results all show black and white, whether set to picture or video. Testing with A Moultrie D55IR and a SpyPoint IRB, my pictures or video show color. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
An update to my above post. A member on another forum mentioned setting the camera up outside to correct this. I did an outside test. The day is bright but with full cloud cover. Camera was set for video. I received an excellent daytime, full color video. Apparently the camera needs more light as flourescent lites do not supply enough light for the camera to operate in color. Adding more light to my in house test provided that additional light. I was then able to receive color. Turning the extra light off, I was back to black and white.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts