The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever take some spurs and make em into something wearable? Had some down time over the weekend so I carved up the bone on one of my spurs and grabbed some of the wifes craft supplies and got to work.

I don't think it turned out half bad. I have seen some pretty elaborate spur jewerly. All of these spurs were from my crossbow killed gobblers.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
You'll have to wear that while your turkey now! Good job.

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
Awesome!!

I cut the plastic hull off the brass from the shell i killed him with...put a eye hook in the primer..glue the beard into the brass...then run a spur, the beard, and other spur and the tag all on a piece of lace and hang it from my shelf..never thought about making a real necklace!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Very nice!! And just enough room for a pair from this Spring

·
Registered
496 Posts
Very Nice.
I have 32 sets of feet in my garage 31 are nailed to the wall. I saw it years ago on a barn in Perry County and loved the idea. My wife does not love the idea. But now I have the best spurs I ever killed, almost 1 1/2", and I don't know what to do with them. I thought about the necklace but I'd also like to add them to the 31 nailed to the wall. I like the neckless but can't bring myself to cut the legs. So they're resting comfortably on top of my beer fridge in the garage. I guess it will take a few more beers before I can decide what to do.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
That does look awesome... Did you use sinew to attach the lower spur?

I've wanted to do something like that, but I'm afraid that I'd lose track of what bird the spurs came from. I usually keep the spurs, beard, tag, and shell hull/arrow together so all the components from the hunt stay together.

However, I do have a bag full of pheasant feet from an Iowa hunt laying around for a rainy day. Might make a necklace from them someday.

·
Registered
19,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jmbear12 said:
That does look awesome... Did you use sinew to attach the lower spur?
y.
Thanks. First attempt. I used silver wire sold in craft stores to wrap all of the spurs with. The pendant spur is attached with the wire onto the wooden bead.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts