The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was turkey hunting in Sproul last week stopped to take a pee break. Sitting there on the ground half covered with leaves was a trail cam. I picked it up to reattach but the "hook" was bent strait out. I took it home and down loaded the pictures. Why was the hook bent strait? Well the bear that was using the game trail that you set up on didn't take a liking to his picture being taken and pulled it down. So if you can id the cam I will send it back to you usps.
Craig

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
broken?? Teeth marks in the case? The batteries were dead because it took 2,000 picts of the tops of the trees. I put the mem card in my pc.
Craig

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I know people do steal, but I bet a lot of trail cams that come up missing are due to bears. A guy at our camp had 4 disappear, found a couple after searching, only to find teeth marks in them.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
171farm said:
If the cam still takes pics, take it back out and put it back on the tree
agreed

even if it dont work , somebodys gonna be looking for it

·
6,448 Posts
its a great gesture posting this...I wouldn't put it in the tree cant be sure it was even the tree it was in when the bear took it. run an add in the local paper or post a sign at the forest office about it and see if anyone comes to claim it

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
The camera was out 2 months without being checked. Probably was lost. I still would not have taken it, personally.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
You can try contacting the manufacturer of the cam. If the owner registered it, they should have his name and address. Hopefully they would give you the address or email address. They might even contact the owner themselves and relay the information.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I had a bear take one of mine once. He dragged it off and chewed on it for a couple days periodically. I ended up finding it and downloaded some sweet pics of the bears mouth and eyeballs. The camera had teeth marks in it but believe it or not it still worked.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The purpose of this post was not to get the A Hole opinions of the peanut gallery of weather I am a thief or not. It is to try to return the cam to its owner!

·
Registered
774 Posts
I agree Craig, I thought it was nice you were trying.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
thats nice of you to try to find the owner. im guessing since the bear tore it off the tree the owner couldnt locate it and figured it was stolen.

have had some cams spun around and chewed on by bear but never one removed from the tree.

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Why do bears hate trail cams so much? Are they embarrased of somthing or what? I have heard so msny stories about bears mauling trail cams that I am beginning to think that between bears and people it's pointless to have one of these devises because one will chew on it and the other will steal it.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
I had a camera taken down by a bear. I figured it was lost but I was able to find it about a month later after all the ferns died down a little. When I looked at the pics I had an awesome looking cinammon cub on there. Good luck finding the owner of the camera!

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
It's yours now. If it still works, enjoy it. If it were off a tree, covered in leaves, not working since 9/20, it was written off almost a month ago, most likely. Now, if you hear through the grapevine of someone missing/losing one and you can get the model/description from them, I would give it back to them but you have done enough already.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts