The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Read Only
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hunt Sproul S.F. just outside of Snow Shoe. The past 5 years have been tough for our camp. We hunt the first 4 days of buck. Deer sightings are way down. Habitat has changed along with hunter participation. Is the first Saturday thru Tuesday something I should consider vs the first Monday and Tuesday. I am only hunt buck in 2g.

·
Super Moderator
6,065 Posts
I hunted the Sproul in DMAP 1505 from Saturday through Thursday. I saw 5 bucks on Saturday. ( I was hunting doe) Two were shooters. I saw another 2 bucks on Tuesday, they were wall hangers. I did kill 2 doe , but it was work to find them. Tracks told me the deer were there, but hunters weren’t. You’ll have to put the hunt back in the hunting....they’re not gonna come easy. Sproul SF has some really good bucks these days. A fair amount of deer...not many hunters to move them.

A side note...I hunted with my Grandfather’s 99 Savage .250...the same gun he hunted the same woods nearly 100 years ago ( he bought the rifle in 1929). Something like that doesn’t happen every day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts