The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a twelve year old hunt as a mentored youth.(meaning with out a license, only the $1 mentored tag) He just turned twelve and I dont think there is a hunter safety coarse before Spring turkey. Thanks Rod

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
did he have his mentored youth mentored tag for this past hunting season? if he did I think he can hunt without a licence still but im not sure though.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Once the youth turns twelve they can no longer hunt under the mentored youth program.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Under section 147.802 the definition for the mentored youth is " an unlicensed person UNDER 12 years of age" so, NO he can not hunt with the mentored license, once reaching the age of 12 he would now technically be hunting without a license unless he had his hunter education cert. and bought a youth license.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Check the PGC website for times for the hunter education course. My son just registered his oldest for the course and it is happening sometime in March.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
I just did a check on the PGC website, there are 77 different HTE class's in March and 39 in April, they are being held all over the state.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I asked this ? for a co workers son. Ill let him know to find a hunters saftey coarse before spring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.