The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'm going to be planted 7's test plot's this spring, i will keep everyone update with it. The plan is to have the test plot's planted in 3 different site's in Pa.
I have a couple new seed mix's coming out. They seem to work really great. They did last year anyways.There's a new Clover mix coming out. And a new turnip mix coming out. And there going to be a upland bird mix coming out soon. I know it's a little late for this spring planting.The mix's should be out within the next month.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Grain sourghum,cowpeas,soybeans,sugarbeets,red white clover.Fall tillage radishes,winter rye,canadian field peas,soybeans,red clover mix,for 1 acre narrow kill plots planted mid august.The soys and canadian field peas will get hammered leaving the other stuff for winter.Overseed summer plots with red clover and winter rye for disking up next spring.I like grain sourghum instead of corn because it is easier to grow.And after the corn in the area is gone it becomes attractive.

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
Haven't made up my mind yet.Either buckwheat or red clover.Whatever I plant will get tilled under for fall crops.Might also try some peas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts