The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the 2012-2013 PA Waterfowl Season has certainly been interesting. Moments of sheer panick followed by hours of empty skies and inappropriate jokes. The weather finally started to cooperate in things started happening in our favor.. Just thought I'd share a few of our triumphs for those of you who appreciate some photos.

First Pintail ever killed on our home turf...My friend Known on HPA as "RIGG-A-MORTIS" has had quite the year on duck species... You may remember him from such posts as "Mandarin Duck", as well as harvesting several other species uncommon to our area this year. Saturday his streak continued on..

Six man black duck limit..

My boy stout makin a long retrieve on an uncooperative Black duck..

BucksGobbler with the species for the morning..

Made a move for Geese in the afternoon..

Here are some other pics from this year...

This was the group's first drake sprig before this weekend..

First duck hunt..

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

By the way my dog Stout is a 5 year old pure bred American Black Lab with all documentation, paperwork, and certifications. I am interested in breeding him. PM me if anyone is interested.

·
Banned
208 Posts
Hahaha. Sprig-a-mortis. I guess "BlacksOnly" or "BlacksGobbler" would be a little misleading. People would prob expect a post about a kardashian sister.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congrats on your shooting spree...Wish I was there instead of sunny Florida...Rigg-a-mortis walls will be full of mounts..Good job

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
AWESOME! Congrats on a very good season!!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
all over them black ducks this year huh? seems to be a lot of them around my area as well. congrats on what looks to be a great season and going.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
You call that a bad season? I can't wait to see what you consider a good season.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys.

vincentpa said:
You call that a bad season? I can't wait to see what you consider a good season.
I didn't mean to suggest that we have had a bad season, because we certainly did not. It just takes until the end of December anymore for any kind of freeze up, so our November and December can be a little slow at times.

Also, we rarely have so few Canadas to hunt through November and December. Usually when the ducks are absent, we can at least target honkers and do well during those times.

Not this year, we had a huge push in October (when we can't hunt them) and then that was it. Geese just showed up in numbers about a week or two ago.

Snyd08 said:
all over them black ducks this year huh? seems to be a lot of them around my area as well. congrats on what looks to be a great season and going.
Yes we always seem to find a way to get on some black ducks..Thanks man

·
Registered
74 Posts
And I was starting forget how good we have had it here these past few weeks until I see the pictures. I for one appreciate all of those, some good memories on each of those hunts. That picture of sunrise in the marsh takes the cake for me though, does not get any better than that hunt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts