The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Spraying and Weather

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  HomeintheWoods 
#1 ·
Alright....still kind of new to this stuff so I have another question.

We figured out what we are using to spray my Corn and Clover plots to try to kill off the weeds.. We were planning on doing it tommorrow but now I see there is a chance of light rain all day.

Does the weather matter when you spray? Can you spray on a dreary day or must it be clear and sunny.

Any info is appreciated.

#6 ·
stackbarrel said:
Check the use directions on your label. If using a "round-up" type of spray, you should have an 8 hour window after spraying without any rain.
Many of them say "Rainfast in 2 hours", but, I sure don't trust that. Plus, it has to dry on the plant for it to be rainfast, right?

I like that 8 hour window idea a lot better than 2 hours, thats for sure.

#7 ·
Guys, I agree with all the advice given on the spraying but just an FYI. I got caught in a 20 acre field one time when a t storm blew in from nowhere. I was spraying Roundup Weathermax. It was raining when I made my last 2 passes. Weathermax worked better than advertised. It smoked everything even the stuff that got poured on while I finished.

#11 ·
Best wishes on a successful plot prep!! I have 5 acres killed off for over 2 weeks and finally the grain drill is arriving Tuesday so we can plant switchgrass. So far I've seen no growback yet.

#12 ·
Dutch said:
Many of them say "Rainfast in 2 hours", but, I sure don't trust that. Plus, it has to dry on the plant for it to be rainfast, right?

I like that 8 hour window idea a lot better than 2 hours, thats for sure.
I pushed it one time with rain coming b/c I needed to get a field sprayed and it did rain 1.5 hours after I finished spraying. Every bit of that field died and this was generic gly. I wouldn't hesitate one bit to spray if I knew rain was a few hours off.

I sprayed this morning around my shrubs with showers coming in this afternoon. Don't know if it rained or not at camp but I know that stuff will be dead the next time I get up there.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.