The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what everyone is using for spray on scent killing. I have been using primos silver scent killer but this year I was going to try Scent Killer this...any thoughts on this product or recommend something better..

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
scent killer works alot better than primos silver xp. tried silver xp last year after using scent killer for two years then went back to scent killer because I always seem to see more deer when im sprayed down with it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I had two empty chew cans (terrible habit, but the strongest smelling things I had laying around) a couple weeks ago. Both of them still had a strong chew smell on the inside. I sprayed the inside of one with scent killer, and the other with silver xp. The can with scent killer still had the chew smell. The silver xp can........nothing.

Don't believe me? Give it a shot!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I use scent killer super charged non scented mostly. Just make sure you shower with scent free soap before every hunt, use the deodorant on the pits and areas that sweat alot, I even wipe it on my hands and head, and make sure your clothes are as scent free as possible by using scent free soaps and storing them in scent free containers. Even hanging them outside works great. When im in the field ill chew on pine needles and wipe some of the natural foliage on my clothes as a cover scent when i get there. If im hunting in pines ill wipe pine on me, if im hunting the edges of a field ill use golden rod, ect... It seems to work great for me.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sounds like it would be better for me to stick with the primos silver xp instead of switching to scent killer?

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
i use primos silver as well. I really like it and have had success using it as one of several steps in process of staying scent free.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Buck Fever Synthetic Vanishing Hunter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts