The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just purchased a new Gmc 2500hd and wanted to do a spray in liner. Does anyone have a truck with a spray in liner? What brand do you have, how old is it, has it held up well, and do you recommend it? Ive gotten great advise from fellow Hpa members before! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I have rhino lining and would certainly recommend it. However, don't make the same mistake I did by having it sprayed on any part of the lip. It will allow for some water to get in if you have a shell on your truck.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'm thinking about a DIY kit for the floor of the bed of my truck, strictly for traction when loading and unloading motorcycles. Otherwise I think way to many people spend way to much money on bed liners and never have a use for them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i applied a diy kit ,raptor liner, it is a 2 part mix,went on very nice,comes with activator and gun for aroun 120.00 online.i shot the whole interior of a scout 2 with 2 coats with one kit,so far i am very pleased with the results but the truck is not in service yet.there is quite a few videos on youtube about diy truck liners.good luck

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
big28hunter said:
I have rhino lining and would certainly recommend it. However, don't make the same mistake I did by having it sprayed on any part of the lip. It will allow for some water to get in if you have a shell on your truck. But if you don,t plan on addin a cap but load a lot of heavy stuff it should protect your bed rails and not get em all beat up.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I have had two of my trucks sprayed. First was Rhino Lining. Liked it but found it to have TOO much grip. Things stayed in place in the bed but when I wanted/needed them to move/slide it became somewhat of a pain.

I currently have Line-X in my truck and prefer it. Good protection and just the right amount of grip.

To be fair to Rhino, this was 2006 and they may have changed the product for the better nowadays. Both protect and wear well.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I had the rhino liner put on my 05 and was not very impressed, it chipped and pealed. A friend also got it done on 05 with the same results but like Heit said they may have changed. New truck has a drop in that came with it witch I like but next time I will get the line-x.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
i put rhino in my truck in may 2007 and to this day it was the best investment i may have ever made. i love it. hear great things about the x as well

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I have a Rhino Lining in my truck. It's a 2006, but I've only had it for a year and half so I don't know exactly how old it is. It has held up well and I haven't exactly babied it.

The only complaint I would have is things don't slide across it well, but at other times that's a good thing. Not sure I would have paid to put one in if hadn't come with one.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I had line x in my previous truck. Held up to hard abuse. Hauling wood, stone, dirt, ATVs, etc. Never chipped or peeled.
I know some guys who did the diy route. Turned out okay but getting the bed prep work done correct is critical and a huge pain.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have the spray on, believe its Reflex Lining. Very pleased with the wear. Had it on since 2006 and hauled plenty of rough stuff like block,brick,stone,firewood. Definitly prefer over my prior truck liner where everything slid around.

·
Registered
20,410 Posts
Not sure what Nissan uses, but mine came sprayed when I bought it. I love the spray in liner as opposed to the plastic insert that my old truck had.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts