The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three years ago I started a raspberry patch by buying a couple different varieties. Last year had a great crop. This year have some nice berries on it; however, unfortunately almost all of the ripe berries have a small white/tan worm inside, and or have ants or small mites on them. I didn’t want to put chemicals on them, I never did, (I do have some ladybugs and see some praying mantis on the stalks) but now I think I have no choice but to as the “bush” is pretty much overrun. Any recommendations on what and when to use? I get a crop now and again in Sept. on some of them. Thanks in advance.

·
20,126 Posts
Man that is a slippery slope. With how fast berries develop from a pollinated flower and how staggered that that pollination is that you would have a hard time timing that correctly and even then you would get a full dose of whatever you spray with each berry you eat. I would explore every possible natural option other then spraying.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
try BT. kills soft bodied critters and is a naturally occurring bacteria that is organic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts