1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
I belong to the "buyers club" and I judge this place on

A) Price
B) Delivery time
C) Returns

They sell a lot of surplus items and refurbs at bargain prices, so you can't really compare them to, like, Cabelas.They fill a different niche.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
They're like the biker/hunter catalog.

I love them.

Forget overpriced gander mtn or cabela's, I'll take sportsman's guide every time.

·
Registered
454 Posts
To reply to your comment ATR, I have noticed that they have only positives, and it's always kind of skewed my view of them. I do purchase things from them from time to time, but I put no faith in the reviews since they obviously screen them.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
There shipping prices tend to be high. Becoming a buyers club member off sets the cost somewhat, but unless you buy a lot, I don't think it's worth the extra money..
Like Big Ken says it fills a niche.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I just bought three Intensity Optics scope from them about 2-3 weeks back for $50 each. They sent me an email that since I spent $150, I could get the "buyers club" membership for free. I responded and said if it's free, sign me up. I got a membership card a few days later. I don't know if I'll buy anything from them again this year but felt I had nothing to lose.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I am disappointed that I get this message when I find something I want from Sportsmans Guide - "Sorry, item is sold out".

Had a friend that would get their catalog and bring it over for me to look at. Never bought anything from them but I do look on their website from time to time. Just seems stuff I want is sold out.

·
Registered
282 Posts
agree with 22rimfire (and others) shipping may be high, but this past year i have spent about $800 (total) thru them and have not had a single issue yet...
with your original ?, i don't buy what I don't already know of tho... so the reviews are kind of N/A for me...

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
The bait and switch experts.. My major problem with them was their showing a different item in a picture then the item they are selling (example Pentax Pioneer scope pictured when they are selling the Gameseeker). They used to do that alot, and I had sent them a few letters and emails about it. Seems like they do it less now. Their selling tactics leave a bad tast in my mouth, so I wont by from them and advise others to do the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.