The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like sportmansguide and i do shop there , but did you ever notice that on the customer reviews there are no bad ones. How can you gage the product when the bad reviews are thrown out and just keep the good ones.

·
Registered
7,792 Posts
I belong to the "buyers club" and I judge this place on

A) Price
B) Delivery time
C) Returns

They sell a lot of surplus items and refurbs at bargain prices, so you can't really compare them to, like, Cabelas.They fill a different niche.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
They're like the biker/hunter catalog.

I love them.

Forget overpriced gander mtn or cabela's, I'll take sportsman's guide every time.

·
Registered
454 Posts
To reply to your comment ATR, I have noticed that they have only positives, and it's always kind of skewed my view of them. I do purchase things from them from time to time, but I put no faith in the reviews since they obviously screen them.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
There shipping prices tend to be high. Becoming a buyers club member off sets the cost somewhat, but unless you buy a lot, I don't think it's worth the extra money..
Like Big Ken says it fills a niche.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
yeah,they got some things that i buy from them like treestands, ammo and that kind of stuff. But they have nothing like cabelas and such have in quality.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I just bought three Intensity Optics scope from them about 2-3 weeks back for $50 each. They sent me an email that since I spent $150, I could get the "buyers club" membership for free. I responded and said if it's free, sign me up. I got a membership card a few days later. I don't know if I'll buy anything from them again this year but felt I had nothing to lose.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I have not bought from them in a long time. I found I had a 50 /50 chance of liking what I bought from them. It was hard to tell the crap from the good stuff. however their service was always good

·
Registered
853 Posts
I am disappointed that I get this message when I find something I want from Sportsmans Guide - "Sorry, item is sold out".

Had a friend that would get their catalog and bring it over for me to look at. Never bought anything from them but I do look on their website from time to time. Just seems stuff I want is sold out.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've bought scopes, holsters, ammunition, and gear from them and have never had a problem. You need to keep an eye on their shipping costs if you are buying ammunition.

·
Registered
282 Posts
agree with 22rimfire (and others) shipping may be high, but this past year i have spent about $800 (total) thru them and have not had a single issue yet...
with your original ?, i don't buy what I don't already know of tho... so the reviews are kind of N/A for me...

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
The bait and switch experts.. My major problem with them was their showing a different item in a picture then the item they are selling (example Pentax Pioneer scope pictured when they are selling the Gameseeker). They used to do that alot, and I had sent them a few letters and emails about it. Seems like they do it less now. Their selling tactics leave a bad tast in my mouth, so I wont by from them and advise others to do the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts