The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be old news, but it's the first I heard about it so I thought I'd share. I was not looking forward to Bass Pro ruining another good hunting store.

•••••••••

To our valued customers,

A year ago, Sportsman’s Warehouse entered into a merger agreement with Great American Outdoors, parent company of Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops. Effective December 2, 2021, that merger agreement was terminated. We at Sportsman’s Warehouse are excited to continue operating as a separate, independent and publicly-traded company (NASDAQ: SPWH).

As we enter 2022, we look forward to continuing our strong growth – adding more stores, improving Sportsmans.com, and expanding our product assortment and services. Our mission to provide outstanding gear and exceptional service remains unchanged.

Gear up for unforgettable!

Jon Barker

CEO

Sportsman’s Warehouse

·
Registered
12,465 Posts
Thank God!!!!

I just tried to order a rod and reel from Cabela's website and then Bass Pro. They are the same website with different banners. The websites are as bad and dysfunctional as the stores. Being taken over by Bass Pro would have been another disaster for sportsmen.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I am rather pleased by this. The first time i went to a Cabela's, I was impressed. The bigger it got, the less I found it competitive price wise. Upon the merger with Bass Pro the joined companies really began gouging IMHO and in general became less than either were separately.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
I was never a huge Cabelas fan. Grossly overpriced. It’s just that they always had just about anything you wanted. They’ve definitely gotten worse since BP took over.

The Sportsmans Ware house in Fairbanks, Alaska is the nicest outdoor store I’ve ever been in. They had everything in stock and reasonable prices.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I can't get over the fact that Cabela's now sells toys. This happened when Bass Pro took over. People go into an outdoor store to buy outdoor gear not toys. If I want toys I'll go to Walmart not Cabela's or Bass Pro. Glad to hear Sportsman's Warehouse is not being sold to Bass Pro.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
I can't get over the fact that Cabela's now sells toys. This happened when Bass Pro took over. People go into an outdoor store to buy outdoor gear not toys. If I want toys I'll go to Walmart not Cabela's or Bass Pro. Glad to hear Sportsman's Warehouse is not being sold to Bass Pro.
They sold toys for decades, LONG before BPS took them over. They're outdoor related toys so not really far-fetched.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts