The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you are required to get your sportsmans permit to hunt with a handgun from the county courthouse in the county you reside in or can you get it at any PA courthouse. The reason I ask is that I live in Mercer County but the place I work at everyday is much closer to the Meadville courthouse which is in Crawford county so it would be much easier to pick one up there. I just want a sportsman permit to carry a handgun hunting; not a protection permit. I think the sportsmans permits are 5 bucks and the carry permit used to be 25 bucks. I don't have the extra bucks for the carry permit and never did carry concealed anyway.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
You can get one at any courthouse in the state except I don't know about Philadelphia co.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks; It saves me a trip over there to find out. I drove down to Mercer courthouse to get one a couple times and the Sherrifs office had no one there both times. I know I can find someone at Meadville courthouse to get one. I doubt I will even take the old Colt out this year but my protection permit expired and I am not renewing it; a sportmans permit will work just fine for me. I just got back to work after a 2 year layoff so money is a little tight. I lost my previous time and a little pay but I got a recall so all is good.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
You must go the the Co. Treasurers office, not the sheriff's office to get one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts