The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever visit and do any business with this place?Billboards around the York area everywhere.....

Thanks, Zumer

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Agree...Great people and very helpful. Good products too. One word of advice though, if you see something there and like it, get it ! It wont last long

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Agree with the above comments.Good folks there.Had an issue witt a trail cam I bought there last summer,they had one shipped from the Lancaster store the nexr day.
Been several threads about them on here,Maybe HPA should persue them as a sponser?!?!?...

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
Same here. I've gotten several items of clothing from them (Harrisburg store) and no complaints on the prices or the duds. Mostly appears to be discontinued stuff, but all first quality.

Picked up an insulated camo short jacket w/hood, back in early November. Looked like it would be warm and comfy and it is. Elastic sleeve cuffs and waistband. Wore it on the first day of firearms deer and often since. Very warm for no heavier than it is, cost a whoppin' $24. I've seen similar jackets tagged at $70 or more.

Last year they had a ton of stuff at the Hbg. Sports and Outdoors show, back by the boats. Their York store is just up the road that parallels I-83, towards Gold's Gym, I think?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Great store to save some $$ at!

Great owners to deal with!

I only live but 7 mimutes from the place, so I check in every 2-3 weeks. They always have new stuff coming in as they move a lot of inventory.

Yes, they are right off I-83 on George Street heading North, right next to the Knotty Pine Tavern on the left side of the road.

·
Super Moderator
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Weimer said:
Great store to save some $$ at!

Great owners to deal with!

I only live but 7 mimutes from the place, so I check in every 2-3 weeks. They always have new stuff coming in as they move a lot of inventory.

Yes, they are right off I-83 on George Street heading North, right next to the Knotty Pine Tavern on the left side of the road.
Yes, sir.......Great directions. I spent a good bit of time and $$$$$ there today......

Thanks.....Zumer

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I agree with the others , Zumer. Now that I reside in Harrisburg but work in York I have discovered the one in Harrisburg also . Both have top quality gear,good prices and service to boot. The one in Harrisburg is route 83 to 81 north , R off of the Paxtonia exit. At the stop light you will see a Burger King across from you . The Sportsman Liquidators is in the corner of that shopping plaza . That is in fact a larger store than the York one . Both have good people running them . Always new stuff coming in . Some really good deals on older turkey calls !! Hey it is fun just window shopping at those places....Finn

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
They will also have at least one or two booths at the sportsmens show. if you stop in to see them - tell them you heard about it here on HPA.

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
Should we encourage them to become sponsors?

Last year when I was leaving the Outdoors show on closing day, these guys were being ordered to move their racks of clothes so the boat people could begin to get their boats out of the building.

Despite the hubbub, one of them moved the rack I was looking at, off to one side, rather than head out the overhead door with it, as he had been told to do. Gave me a couple extra minutes to find what I wanted and buy it.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
One opened in State College about 7 weeks ago. It's in the malls over by Sam's club, behind the Nittany Mall. It's over by Ross's and the Bed & Bath place.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Good deal from here - just have to stop by regularly and, as said before, buy it if you see it. They had Rivers West jackets at the Hanover store a month ago for less than $80 - just not my size.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts