The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Thats a pretty good deal. Its a good setup if you plan on moving them some, and not sitting all day. For a morning and afternoon sit, theyre awesome, and you cant beat the price. I probably have about 40 of the same or close to the same combo. I would buy 5 or 10 if I were you.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have not used them, but my experience with almost everything I got from Sportsmansguide is that it's junk. I wouldn't trust my life with a $35 stand or ladder from that place. Rather spend a little more for a Gorilla or some other reputable manufacturer and feel confident that I'm only going to touch the ground when I want to.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have had nothing but good luck from these stands. They are sort of the same as the line of stands from Dicks.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I've used a few stick ladders from SG and they have been decent, only problem is they change suppliers all the time so when you order more they could be differernt than the first order. Those stands are made by Hunters View for SG and are pretty good for the money. I have a couple that are actually labled hunters view but are pretty much the same stand. They are not as solid as some other stands so I'm not crazy about them.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Last season we picked up a couple of there 20ft. ladder stands,they worked out great. I am going to pick up the combo, hang on and sticks this year.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have been using 5 of the cheap 16ft ladder stands from Dicks for the past 2 seasons. Got them during their black friday sale for $39 each. I weigh around 240lbs and they are very sturdy. I will buy some more if they are ever close to that price again.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Efficient use of Three Arms

One arm so you can hang onto the climbing sticks as you go twenty feet off the ground.
A second arm so you can carry the climbing stand up the climbing sticks and tree.
Another arm so you can secure the tree stand tightly to the tree.

When you finish you have an open tree stand from which you could make a full gainer swimming dive from the diving platform, making a harness absolutely necessary.

Sure sounded like an absolute bargain. I think I'd pass on that one.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Re: Efficient use of Three Arms

too heavy, my hangon and 4 climbing sticks come in at no more than 22#. hang a couple stands once, see how those 20#'rs treat you

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Re: Efficient use of Three Arms

I use them on my properties. They are good for the price and IF they get swiped it doesn't hurt as much.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
I'll give a no vote. Not for me. Not even for a warmer archery season.

Don't like climbing sticks. Don't like small tree stands with open diving platforms. Notice the hunter has to put his back to the tree bark while he sits and waits for a deer. My back is paining me already.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just keep in mind what fortgreg alluded to: watch the weight limt on the stands and ladders.
If you are 240# and haul up 20# of clothing and gear, you'll be pushing the maximum weight bearing load.

Or, you can weld on some angle iron and make it more rigid.
That's what I did.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
More important than the stand and sticks, get yourself some rope from lowes or home depot, tie some knots and make sure you are strapped in the moment you leave the ground.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Sportsmans Guide just had four "free shipping" days and they are always sending me $10 coupons....You can get some good deals there if you keep your eyes open..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts