The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seeing if anyone wanted to shoot sporting clays sometime with me or allow me to tag along with your group, I started last year and got into it more over the summer. I've shot with friends but have also gone alone, I see groups out on the courses sometimes and wish I had friends who were able to go more often. Still learning so I miss a lot but I still have fun doing it and I'm hoping to get better.

I've shot at LVSC, Rock Mountain, and Wing Pointe. Prefer Wing Pointe b/c it's cheaper but it seems like the course this year didn't change much from last year[if at all]. Rock Mountain is a hike for me being that I live in SEPA but if you wanted to get together during the summer it would be easier since I spend some weekends on the family property in Susquehanna Co.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
i like shooting wing pointe, i shot there with the Berks Co sheriff in the 90's with my father.

so you live around that area?

·
Registered
12,199 Posts
Try Lehigh Valley. The presentations chnge often and the course is a dream. You can shoot by yourself because the auto-throwers have a selectable delay. Kind of pricy but it's worth it.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Reach out for me, my schedule is goofy but if I'm available. I'd be happy to shoot a round or two with you. I'm in Philly so I'm open to go just about anywhere

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Huntin Fool, I live in Montgomery County but I'm up in that area fairly often...it's on the way to Cabela's
)].

treerat - I certainly will keep this thread in mind when the summer comes around. Rock Mountain was a lot of fun the one time I shot there, definitely challenging.

jimsdad - I've shot and LVSC and I do like the course. I also like that you can have the throwers put on delay if you're alone. However, it's nice shooting with a group sometimes especially for a beginner like me - it lets me pick up tips.

browningfan - I'll shoot you a PM the next time I am likely to go...feel free to do the same.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Seoul, if you go to Wing Pointe, give our best to Cindy and Bill. My son and I used to shoot there. We lived about 5 minutes from there on Crystal Cave Rd. I cut my clays teeth at WP when we got into the clays game- long, long ago in a galaxy far far away it seems.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ Will do, is she the lady who works in the main building?

How would people about getting a group together for a SE PA[or if you're willing to drive] HuntingPA Sporting Clays Shoot?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Yes, Cindy works in the main building.

If you want to get a HuntPA group together and come shoot with us, we'll give y'all a price break and charge members rates. If you bring venison, etc. for lunch to make a day out of it, you can use the grill in the cook shack too.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I've shot at Rock Mtn. and Whitetail preserve and both were
very good courses. Having an HPA shoot at the Rock would be
a great idea! Maybe we should look into setting up a date
to do that this spring or summer, I think that would be a
blast!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Elstonville Sportsmans Assoc. will be having a Polar bear shoot on Jan 1st then will be starting Every Wed. evening and Every Sunday Beginning in March. I'm there almost all the time and would be more than happy to shoot with you and give you some pointers if I can.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts