The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had put a post on here a while back about switching to mechanicals (Spitfires). First kill this morning and what a wound channel. Tracking wasn't a problem either because I watched her fall. It was the quickest archery kill I have had since I shot a deer a few years back with my compound with...Spitfires. I should have never switched to fixed blades. Cost me at least one deer and a couple stress filled moments while tracking. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
I would like to believe you Rugered, but we need pics.

In all seriousness,Spitfires have quite a following in the crossbow world. I would guess that they are the most popular mechanical being used right now. I am about half tempted to switch to them myself next year.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A picture of the rib cage would have been great. Too late now. The Slick Trick looked like it was cut with a scalpel by a surgeon. The Spitfire looks about the same as a 50 TC Shockwave. It is a hole, not just slits. I think it might have something to do with velocity from a crossbow but I don't know.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have used spitfires for years but a couple of years ago I switched to Rage 3 blade. They seem to penetrate better. Either one will do the job. I killed many deer with mechanical broadheads and I never had an open on impact not open like some claim.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts