The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.pressconnects.com/article/201...ite?odyssey=tab

UPDATE: A 27-year-old man from Foster, Ga., admitted to Pennsylvania State Police that he dumped approximately 800 gallons of dangerous materials from a Bradford County gas well site onto state game lands early Thursday morning, according to a press release from the Towanda barracks.

Josh Foster is charged with scattering rubbish and was arraigned on Thursday night before District Justice Jonathan Wilcox of Troy. Foster was sent to the Bradford County Correctional Facility in West Burlington. Bail was set at $100,000.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
timbers article basicaly says what i was going to say.

driver acted on his own doing this.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
How did they manage to get it off site without it being treated? I don't care who he worked for, hang him high and make an example......

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
g17 said:
SPILL, BABY, SPILL

No more like dump baby dump. Huge difference between an equiptment failure and human failure.

This is human failure.

$100,000 bail - looks like they are taking this way seriously. Good -

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
The big drilling companies subcontract nearly everything, trucking, waste disposal etc. And those contracts are given to the low cost subcontractors.

Then when the subcontractors cut corners, to make a buck, and things go bad, the big companies say, "Not our employees, not our fault."

·
Registered
24,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The drilling company cleaned it up at their own expense...
Not their employee, not their fault..but did the right thing anyway!

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
troutbert said:
The big drilling companies subcontract nearly everything, trucking, waste disposal etc. And those contracts are given to the low cost subcontractors.

Then when the subcontractors cut corners, to make a buck, and things go bad, the big companies say, "Not our employees, not our fault."

as a subcontractor for a couple gas companys, i can tell you that you are wrong.
the work does not always go to the cheapest contractor, and the gas comps lay out a standard operating procedure which all companys are required to follow. the safty rules update dailey, and contractors are required to follow them, or be terminated.

the person who took it upon himself to dump the waste could have worked for anyone, a sub, the gas comp etc....the bottom line is this employee took it upon himself to do it...he broke the rules and the law, and "HE" should pay for that.

·
Registered
424 Posts
http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=154400&Number=2042796#Post2042796

See, I predicted this very thing a year ago...

And Buzz, you said...
you people crack me up......you have absolutly no idea what you are talking about........not even a clue !!!
you think this is the wild wild west up here ?
It is not all contractors... and I doubt you would do it.
But not everyone is honest as you. If they were, there would be no need for
any LEO's at all. Unfortunately it only takes a few, and the potential damage can be huge, long lasting, expensive, if not impossible to reverse.

Again, I'm not against drilling, but I am against trusting people will do the
right thing when the impact is so huge if they don't.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
wow...you got a great memory, and took the time to look it up

i still stand by that statement. this type of thing does not happen dailey, in fact around here it is the first incident that i can recall of someone intentionaly dumping .

but I am against trusting people will do the
right thing when the impact is so huge if they don't.

how do you feel about the people running our nuclear power plants? the people running waste treatment plants that dump into the river? the people running our factorys that discharge into our water ways?

bottom line is there are irresponsable people in all walks of life, the kid who is texting while driving and slams head on into the family of 5.

because one person does something irresponsable does not mean a whole industry is irresponsable....it means that person is a idiot and should be punished for what they did.

it is till not the wild wild west up here.

·
Registered
369 Posts
timberdoodle said:
The drilling company cleaned it up at their own expense...
Not their employee, not their fault..but did the right thing anyway!
Actually, if you read the article you posted, it was a contractor who cleaned it up. According to your logic, the clean-up then has nothing to do with the drilling company.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
i am quit sure that truck is a truck used to haul fresh water to construction sites. note the front and rear sprayer, as well as the hose real, which is used to fill equipment such as rollers.
not a truck used to haul water to or from well sites.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
g17 said:
[
Actually, if you read the article you posted, it was a contractor who cleaned it up. According to your logic, the clean-up then has nothing to do with the drilling company.
i know the contractor who cleaned that up, they are personal friends of mine. they are under contract with Talisman to clean any spills up.
Talisman paid to have it cleaned and properly disposed of. not saying they wont back bill the contractor who owned the truck.

·
Registered
369 Posts
buzz said:
g17 said:
[

i know the contractor who cleaned that up, they are personal friends of mine. they are under contract with Talisman to clean any spills up.
Talisman paid to have it cleaned and properly disposed of. not saying they wont back bill the contractor who owned the truck.
My point is if it isn't Talisman's fault for the illegal dumping because a contractor did it, then likewise no credit goes to Talisman for cleaning it up as a contractor did it. Nothing more, nothing less.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
sorry, can't agree with that logic.

i look at it as a stupid person did it, talisman stepped up and fixed the problem imidiatly. i am sure they will do due diligance as to cause and repercussions and who pays the bill, and also if that particular contractor's services will be needed in the future.

i also think about the contractor(who i dont know), he had a employee do a stupid thing and his company may be fired for it. you can hire employees, teach them the proper way to do things, stress safety.....but as the saying goes....you can't fix stupid

·
Registered
369 Posts
buzz said:
i am quit sure that truck is a truck used to haul fresh water to construction sites. note the front and rear sprayer, as well as the hose real, which is used to fill equipment such as rollers.
not a truck used to haul water to or from well sites.
Fair enough.. then your take on this?

Southwest PA Waste Hauler Indicted for Illegally Dumping Marcellus Drilling Wastewater at

http://marcellusdrilling.com/2011/03/sou...ing-wastewater/

Now you can say you know of 2 incidents where people were caught and charges filed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts