The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this was already discussed.... But it appears that the past normal Thru, Fri, Sat season has changed for juniors and seniors.
The dates noted below are Sat, Sun, Mon. Is this correct?

Deer, Antlerless Special Firearms (Statewide): Oct. 24-26. Junior and Senior License Holders, Mentored Youth Permit Holders, Disabled Person Permit (to use a vehicle) Holders, and Pennsylvania residents serving on active duty in U.S. Armed Services or in the U.S. Coast Guard only, with required antlerless license. Also included are persons who have reached or will reach their 65th birthday in the year of the application for a license and hold a valid adult license or qualify for license and fee exemptions under section 2706. One antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

·
Premium Member
23,572 Posts
Glad the PGC also included Bear as they did last season:

Black Bear, Special Firearms (Statewide): Oct. 24-26, Junior and Senior License Holders, Disabled Person Permit (to use a vehicle) Holders, and Pennsylvania residents serving on active duty in U.S. Armed Services or in the U.S. Coast Guard only. Also included are persons who have reached or will reach their 65th birthday in the year of the application for a license and hold a valid adult license or qualify for license and fee exemptions under section 2706. Only 1 bear may be taken during the license year.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I enjoy the season so much with the muzzleloaders right now that I don’t know if I’d use a rifle once I reach the eligible age!
But it does get my uncle in the woods during decent weather, so that’s a huge plus for me.

·
Premium Member
4,358 Posts
Yep....this season is now one of my most favorites!!
I definitely agree, Loggy. Crisp, autumn mornings, maybe a little fog mixed in, squirrels working the tree tops, perhaps a grouse drumming, maybe the sound of a wedge of geese heading south, and then hopefully a doe sneaking through the beech brush, this all makes the October special season an amazing time in our Pennsylvania forests. It's why I still get a license with adding a few days in November with the crossbow. I still venture out a few times after Christmas, just to say I did so, but those early October outings toting the fllintlock rank at the top for me.😉

·
Premium Member
23,572 Posts
I definitely agree, Loggy. Crisp, autumn mornings, maybe a little fog mixed in, squirrels working the tree tops, perhaps a grouse drumming, maybe the sound of a wedge of geese heading south, and then hopefully a doe sneaking through the beech brush, this all makes the October special season an amazing time in our Pennsylvania forests. It's why I still get a license with adding a few days in November with the crossbow. I still venture out a few times after Christmas, just to say I did so, but those early October outings toting the fllintlock rank at the top for me.😉
Great post Berks!! Makes me wanna pack-up & head for the Big Hills irrespective of it being in the 90's today!! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts