The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have their vinyl siding painted? Does the paint adhere well?

The house I bought with my ex is pink. Now it's finally MY house and I'd like to chance the color. Thought about residing, but would rather not spend that much if paint will work. Not planning on living there forever but I don't want it to peel off either.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
They also have an acid additive for that purpose but it does require washing first

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
The thing about painting a house on the out side is that you are going to have to paint it again, also ,will it take two coats to cover?

·
Registered
701 Posts
I do a lot of work for house flippers and they all paint there vinyl siding and some of those are going on 20yrs old and the paint is still looking good. They spray it.

·
Super Moderator
2,485 Posts
If you are going to apply by brush, your time will be best spent with new siding

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I have to do it, I'll likely side it. I guess I should've posted this in the Universal Forum because if I decide on this route, I'll likely hire it out.

Jakesroost was kind of what I was looking for but thanks for all the responses.

·
Registered
701 Posts
A good 2 man painting crew should be able to power wash and paint the whole house in 8hrs and maybe $500 in paint so you might be around $1000.00 tops .

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, thanks!

·
Registered
189 Posts
8 hours and entire house? Seriously? Do they mask off your windows? I assume this is a monotone job as well where all trim etc is the same color.

While it would be awesome to have a house painted for $1000 I'm not sure I'd be satisfied with the result.

Also don't think you want to paint the house the same day you power wash it...

Seem like a longer than one day job to me, just sayin.

·
Registered
701 Posts
no a good spray crew dosen,t use tape that's for home owners they use aluminum shields,10' handles so 90% of the work is from the ground not much time in moving ladders you don't need to believe it but if you don't think it can be done you are obvious not in the construction trade a new 2 story 2400 house can be sprayed out and backrolled with a white ceiling and trim and different color on the walls in less then 8hrs. And saying you wouldn't be happy with it dude he said he lives in a pink house I'd rather rattle can it then keep it pink.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Neighbor has his sprayed over older aluminum siding - some outfit with a bunch of Russians or some such Eastern Europeans did it - couldn't understand them, but the paint is still holding up after maybe 5 years?? More of a coating than a paint I'd say. Their taping/blocking off could've been better. Now his choice of John Deere yellow with green shutters and trim.......well, it contrasts with the other neighbors pink shutters.......

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL

The pink is faded out but yeah, it needs to go.

I've got a couple other irons in the fire to take care of first but that's on the list for sure.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Jake's I do trust you. Hard to believe I could get quoted $25K (brandel's out of Erie) to paint my 3500 sqft house, knowing there are guys out there that could do it in a day for say $2000. BTW I didn't go with Brandels.

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ANF,

I'm in Erie (Girard actually), who did you use or was it someone local to Warren?

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I grew up in Youngsville, I have family all over there and Warren, including my parents. Could you give me the name? Might be worth the call at least.

Thanks!

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
I may be interested in that contact as well.

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RB, it's Mark Haslett.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts