The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Firestorm and am having much trouble trying to get a good spark. I have English, German and TC Agate flints. I had trouble last season and finally purchased a new frizzen (at a local sports shop) that was hardened at a local heat treat shop. After installing, it seemed a little better and after a season ending cleaning, I put the gun away for the year. However, I shot it (and misfired) this morning and my troubles with spark were "re-ignited". I am not sure what to do at this point. Advise would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
245 Posts
put a lymen frizzen on it, dont know where you are at in Pa dixon gun shop on rt. 737 outside of kutztown in the SE Pa did it for me about 3 years ago no more problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, however, I'm in Saint Marys, (Elk County). Any idea where else I can get one?

·
Registered
362 Posts
loosen the screw up on the side that holds the hammer it is prob to tight.i had the prob with my firestorm.just put it in with your finger with some locktight on it and you will have good spark then never had a misfire after that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just tried this and all it seems to do is create some "play" with the hammer. The spark didn't seem to improve. I am not sure that I understand how this helps?

·
Registered
362 Posts
mine the hammer would stick and wouldn't through it hard enough so i loosened it up and it left the hammer go forward faster. wear is the flint hitting the frizzen at call me if you like 717 773 1758

·
Registered
178 Posts
after all my problems and all the excellent posts i recieved my problem ended up being my pan powder. i borrowed newer stuff and made gun go boom, just a thought,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts