The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about t minus 30 and having watched nearly all of the manned missions from Allan Shepard thru the last apolo mission I have to say I am
a little emotional waiting for them to push the button . The US needs success today. And having it work as a private enterprise effort makes all the sweeter. Godspeed to the crew
MAGA

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I had it on tv in the background yesterday while working. Sorry to see it didn't launch but more people will be able to watch on Saturday. Fingers crossed for good weather and all else goes well!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Me personally I think its a total waste of money. Why are we going into space? We are a spending millions on something that doesn't benefit mankind. Take those millions and help this country out. Those millions could be used to help find a cure for diseases, fix our terrible roads, help our homeless veterans, feed the hungry or help provide for our wounded military men and women. I could go on but you get the point. I'm totally against it and will continue to be. Nobody is ever gonna live anywhere but Earth so we need to get over this nonsense.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Me personally I think its a total waste of money. Why are we going into space? We are a spending millions on something that doesn't benefit mankind. Take those millions and help this country out. Those millions could be used to help find a cure for diseases, fix our terrible roads, help our homeless veterans, feed the hungry or help provide for our wounded military men and women. I could go on but you get the point. I'm totally against it and will continue to be. Nobody is ever gonna live anywhere but Earth so we need to get over this nonsense.

Doesn't benefit mankind? You've obviously never enjoyed a glass of Tang or fondled a moon rock.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I grew up in Florida and we used to watch the launches from our front yard and I still get excited watching even if it is on tv. Good luck to all on a successful mission.

·
Super Moderator
4,882 Posts
I grew up following the Gemini and Apollo NASA programs. Watching the first steps on the moon on that July night in 1969 with Apollo 11, and glued to the tv when Apollo 13 limped its way back to earth the next year. I loved everything about the space program and NASA. I had a great uncle who worked for NASA in Huntsville, AL and as a kid I got to tour the facilities there.

Unlike today, the nation’s best and brightest once worked for government....in the space program...like the old clique, they were actually “rocket scientists”.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I love the space program
I've spend too many hours watching NASA TV...
I set alarms so I could watch them retrofit hubble .I watched almost the entire mission.

but i'm not sure what exactly I was watching on wed.....
the whole thing had a stunt show special on the discovery channel feel .
like it was a tight rope walk over the grand canyon or a deep see dive for a meg.

the whole time I was waiting for the coverage to be interrupted by gun fire and explosions
as a suave British spy was disableing the canister of neural nerve gas that was secretly hidden on the capsule.

it was just off and awful.
I 'd much prefer to hear them talking to NASA people discussing what there doing then katy perry and 1/2 a mythbuster

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
My father worked at the Cape and had a chance to meet several of the astronauts and his brother, my uncle, a farm boy from PA, was one if the engineers that designed the space shuttle. The space program runs pretty deep in our family.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts