The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience with these outfitters? I am planning to go the last week of their archery season.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Don't know them, but adding a 15% Tip to your final bill without your approval is different. Not sure about that

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
I hunted with them about 5 years ago. Mark Pope is a nice guy. It was a late season firearms hunt, we didn't see many deer but the two of each killed a doe. I really liked the farm and am sure the hunting can be very good, I saw a lot of buck sign. Our main complaint was that the lodging (we stayed in the cabin) was pretty dirty. We expressed our thoughts on that and hopefully they made some changes. The food was great. Mark did the cooking and when you meet him you'll know right away he likes to eat, LOL.

Far as the automatic gratuity, you may have us to blame for that. Mark himself does some of the guiding and complained to us that a lot of guy's don't tip. He said he knew we hunted with a lot of outfitters and asked us what was up with that. We informed him that it was probably because it's customary not to tip the owner of an outfit (we did tip him BTW). I saw the next season he'd included the automatic gratuity. I really don't see that as an issue though because his prices are very reasonable, particularly if you watch his specials.

Like I said, I really liked the farm and intended to go back some day, just haven't gotten around to it. The Lily Pond outfit we hunt in North Carolina is only about 30 miles south of there.

Loridr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts