The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 15 and just started small game hunting this year and have ben dove hunting and goose hunting and had a great time hunting them both with my grandpa. I kept hearing him talk about how good the pheasant hunting used to be so i tried to find a place to hunt them and only kind find one place with very little action (shot at 1 and grandpa shot at one). I was wondering if anyone had any places close to lancaster PA to pheasant hunt. Thank you

·
Registered
221 Posts
i'm from near reading and we have some stocked state game lands around here youth hunt was wonderful. getting a little slower as they spread out but is still ok as of right now, that is hunting over my pup who i will add is always willing to get out for a day in the fields

·
Registered
919 Posts
Wow that's pretty sad ......Lancaster and Chester co's used to be thee place to be for all small game ...people would come from hundreds of miles away to hunt there......Look for game lands that are stocked by the PGC

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i might have to do the youth hunt next year if i still can... and hunting over a dog sound awesome what kind of dog do you have

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
SGL 46, 156, 220 are your stocked game lands
be warned in SGL 46 the area open to hunting is a small area on the E side.
the state lands stocked are Chiques Park, Safe Harbor, Speedwell Forge Cty Park and Muddy Run

·
Registered
221 Posts
trust me it is so much fun, i actually have a mix breed medium dog still young and needs some calming down but has not let me down this year.... like i said there is a place near me they stock them its probably 30min from shady maple, always willing to go out, cant ever promises birds but my freezer is to full anyway so i do it for the dog at this point lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
pm me if you would want to go out sometime

1 - 8 of 8 Posts